It's Kinda Getting Easier

{ Saturday, August 20, 2011 }
I'm not crying as much. I don't know if I could cry anymore though. I know I will be when he leaves. But for now, I'm staying strong. Especially for him. He doesn't need to worry about me while he's gone.

Last night we went to the Browns game then over to a friends. It was nice. Pretty relaxing. We talked a little bit about what was going to happen while he was gone. What he'll be eating over there. What he wants to eat a lot of while he's home. (Chipotle, duh.) He's going to help me out with money. I'm starting to feel way better about this. He's a mechanic and they don't leave base much, if at all, so he'll be as safe as possible. He's getting a laptop to skype with me and an international plan for his phone.

But...

I just think about how long a year is...and it's too much for me. Our anniversary is tomorrow, and we'll be spending the whole third year of our relationship apart. It might go by fast (I can't believe it's almost September) but while I'm waiting for the year to be over, it will seem like forever.

I gotta go to work. And Velle is passed out, asleep. I'm going to miss having him to come home to.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey! I found your blog on household6diva.com. My husband and I are about to go through a deployment too. Our first. I look forward to following your blog! :)

Fab Mel said...

Thank you Amy! :)

Post a Comment