Post #1

{ Thursday, August 18, 2011 }
So I'm starting this blog because I just found out my boyfriend will be deployed to Afghanistan. I'm using it as a way to deal with my emotions and hopefully help other Army wives and girlfriends with an upcoming deployment. I did a lot of internet searching and there are a lot of websites with tips, etc but nothing really written from the heart of a woman dealing with her emotions and the events of deployment. I was really hoping to find a site that was just blogs for military significant others, but I have yet to find one. (Any suggestions?)

My boyfriend Velle and I have been dating for two years a week from Saturday. We've known each other since we were 10 and met in school. We've been good friends ever since high school and things sort of just progressed to a relationship. We became official once he returned from Basic and AIT.  He's in the reserves and recently found out he is being transferred to another unit that is currently in training for their deployment. Which pretty much means he can be leaving any day now. Details are pretty shaky at the moment since he was to meet with his Sergeant and Colonel today to learn more.

I'm just sitting here waiting for him to come home. Good news would be nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment