T-minus Two Weeks

{ Friday, September 9, 2011 }
It's been pretty wild lately. We've been getting a long a lot better, but I feel like he's a little off. He doesn't really seem like his normal self. But I think he's really coming to terms about it. I think both of us really thought that because he was in school (and for a lot of other reasons) he was never going to be deployed. As my father put it "It's his turn, he's escaped it for so long...His number just came up."

Guess that's fair, right?

Over the weekend, I met my friend's new boyfriend who just came home from Afghanistan two months ago. Poor guy was a tanker, and since there are no tanks there, he was put into infantry. I could just tell as he was talking to Velle that he was definately a little messed up about his deployment.

"I'm never going back."

"Make sure you're not going to 'such and such' because it's awful there."

"I'm sure you'll be fine."

That last one was dripping with sarcasm and it really annoyed me. Either say that with confidence, or don't say it all. (At least not in front of me.)

This guy also tried to start a fight with some guys at this party my friend was having. I'm not sure if that was the way he was before he left because I didn't know him. But still.

I just keep thinking about how much Velle might change and that's the scariest thing to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment